Welcome to our website at https://www.shilongoleatherworks.com. Your contract for the purchase and delivery of our Products will be with Shilongo Leather Works cc “The owner of this website” with registration number CC/98/1587 and situated at 224 Industria Street Lafrenz industrial Area, Windhoek Namibia.
We use this website to provide existing and potential customers with the information contained on this website and/or pages, which comprise the website. We also use the Website to advertise and sell products to its existing and potential customers, subject to this Website Terms and Conditions “Terms”. Please read these Website Terms carefully and should you have enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
You acknowledge that in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act globally and the common law, in addition to any statutory rights and remedies you may have under your country of residence these Website Terms will be valid, binding, and enforceable against any one that makes use of or accesses the Website. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you are not in agreement with the Website Terms, please immediately discontinue your usage of this Website, failing to do so will automatically bind you to these Website Terms.
These Terms and Conditions will apply to all Local, SADC and International orders and govern your contract with us for:
- The sale of Products
- Local and International delivery services
Please note that certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions will apply differently depending on whether you live within Namibia, SADC or Internationally. Provisions that may vary include the provisions:
- How is a contract formed between us
- What is the charge for delivery?
- How to pay and VAT
- Import Duty and Tax Payments and Customs
In each of these provisions we have stated which Terms will apply to you according to your country of residence. In addition, please refer to the definitions of ‘SADC’ and ‘Non-SADC Countries’ stipulated in the Terms below.
You can contact our customer services team regarding any queries relating to these Terms and Conditions and Orders you place using the following contact details:
Customer services team contact details:
Telephone: +264 (61) 30 6262 Trading hours: Mon – Fri 08:00 – 17:00 GMT/UCT+2 Central African Time.
- Our Customer Services team provides support between; 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on weekends and public holidays.
- We do not reserve the right to cancel any Order that is made by any User or Customer on the website. Therefore all users and customers accessing this website are taken as being over the age of 18, in perfect mental health and exceptionally aware of making a website purchase.
- In using purchasing our Products you confirm that you are a customer. A customer is someone who is using this website and making a purchase on his behalf or on behalf of someone else or an organization.
“Contract”means the contract formed between you and us each time you purchase Products from us via our Website.
“SADC”means any country or territory in the fiscal (VAT) area of the Southern African Development Community and at all times Namibia and excluding Non-SADC countries.
“Non-SADC Countries”means any other country or territory not within the fiscal (VAT) area of the Southern African Development Community.
“Order” The process taken when you make a purchase on the website.
“Personal Information”means the details provided by you on registration
“Product”means a product displayed for sale on the Website
“Product Description”means that part of the Website where certain Terms and Conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided.
“User”means any user of this Website.
“We/us/our”– means Shilongo Leather Works cc.
“Website”– means the website located at https://www.shilongoleatherworks.com, including any sub-domains or any subsequent URL which may replace it.
“You”– means a user of this Website.
WHEN IS YOUR ORDER PLACED?
You place the order for your Products on the Website by following the prompts and clicking the “Pay and complete purchase” button at the end of the checkout process. Once you have clicked this button it constitutes an “Order”
The purchasing process steps:
- Select product you are interested to buy
- Choose the colour, size and dimension
- Set the quantity you want
- Select add to cart
- A pop up will appear above the product description informing you that the product is added to your cart
- When you are done adding all the products you want to buy select the cart which is located on the top right corner with a cart icon
- A pop up will appear showing all the items in your cart, select cart.
- The cart will open and it will display your invoice
- If you want to add more products you can go and add them and then select update cart
- If you are happy with the products on the invoice select checkout
- The you follow steps 1 – 4, Login – Order confirmation – Review – Complete
- If you are just buying once you can select Continue as Guest
- If you would like to be a returning customer login with your details (If you do not have an account you can sign up using the signup button on the top right corner of the website).
- At Order confirmation enter your personal and shipping information
- Select Recalculate shipping and the shipping cost will be calculated and shown, check the box if your billing information is the same as your shipping information
- Choose the payment method
- Select continue to review
- At Review your information will be displayed please confirm them, your invoice will have the shipping included
- Select Pay and complete purchase.
HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF DELIVERY?
The delivery charge will be shown in the order process before you complete your Order and you confirm your consent to this charge when you submit your Order.
HOW CAN I REVIEW MY ORDER?
You will be given an opportunity to review your Order and make any amendments required prior to placing an Order.
HOW WILL WE CONFIRM YOUR ORDER?
We will send you an Order confirmation email detailing and acknowledging the Products you have ordered.This is not our acceptance of your Order.
WHAT PRODUCTS WILL YOU DELIVER?
Your contract with us to deliver Products only relates to those Products confirmed in the “order confirmation” email sent by us to you. We will not be obliged to deliver any other Products, which may have been part of your Order, unless and until those Products are confirmed in an order confirmation email.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN DISPATCHED?
We will notify you by email when your Product is dispatched to you.
If you have ordered multiple Products please note that we may deliver these separately.
WHEN IS MY ORDER ACCEPTED BY SHILONGO LEATHER WORKS?
Order acceptance and completion of our Contract will take place when you receive an order confirmation e-mail confirming that we accept your Order. Your order is only confirmed once payment has been confirmed by us.
PAYMENT OPTIONS ON THE SITE AND WHEN IS PAYMENT FOR THE PRODUCTS TAKEN?
This depends on the payment method selected at checkout. If you are paying using:
VISA/Master Cards: Applicable to all users/customers purchasing from the website. Your Credit/Debit card will be charged promptly when your Order is confirmed.
EFT – Electronic Funds Transfer: Applicable to all users/customers purchasing from the website. All EFT payments will only be confirmed once the funds have reflected in our account. This will be made via email. A minimum of 24 hours is mandatory before confirmation of any EFT payment.
WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ACCEPT YOUR ORDER AND WE MAY REJECT OR CANCEL YOUR ORDER FOR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- If we are unable to obtain authorization for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or Product description error
- You not complying with these Terms and Conditions
HOW DO I CHANGE, CANCEL OR RETURN AN ORDER?
- It is not possible to make changes to your Order once you’ve placed it. If you’d like to add Products to your Order, please place a new order for these Products.
- If you need to change details of your delivery address send us an email promptly within 12 hours.
- If the Products you ordered have already been collected from our warehouse for delivery to you, then you will need to use ourReturn Policy.
- Unless Products are faulty, damaged or not as described upon delivery you are expected to bear the cost of any return and your original delivery charge will not be refunded.
WHAT IF THE PRODUCTS ARE DAMAGED OR FAULTY?
If your Order arrives and the Products are damaged, faulty or not as described, you may report it to us immediately via email and we will assist you on what to do. Since we do not process refunds we will re-send a replacement order within 14 days of our receipt of the returned Products and all the courier/shipping costs will be for our account.
WHEN WILL THE PRODUCTS BE DELIVERED?
- All deliveries to SADC and internationally will be made using FedEx “shipping agent”.
- In the event that your Order has been dispatched by us but has not arrived within the estimated delivery time range, please contact our customer services team on the contact details above. Please contact Customer Services if you have any queries about international delivery services.
- Depending on stock availability, we may split delivery of your Order into several parts and deliver them separately. You will not be charged extra for this. Occasionally, delivery of your Order may be delayed or prevented for reasons beyond our control, such as material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand. Delivery may also be delayed due to customs-related processes (such as inspection). We will use reasonable endeavors to inform you promptly of any such delay.
- If delays outside of our control occur, we will make every effort to keep you informed. For the avoidance of doubt, time is not of the essence for the delivery of the Products but you will remain entitled to all statutory rights provided to you by the applicable laws.
Deliveries in Namibia
Products will be delivered within 3 days or less from the conclusion of the contract with us.
Deliveries in SADC
Products will be delivered within 10 days or less from the conclusion of the contract with us. Users are encouraged to make use of the FedEx tracking system available on the FedEx website. By inserting your tracking number you receive via email when we dispatch your order you will be able to track your order until arrival.
Deliveries Internationally; Outside of Namibia and SADC
Delivery lead times will vary according to destination. Orders with products shipped to further destinations will have greater delivery lead times. In all cases, we will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that all Products will be delivered within 35 days or less from the conclusion of the contract with us. Users are encouraged to make use of the FedEx tracking system available on the FedEx website. By inserting your tracking number you receive via email when we dispatch your order you will be able to track your order until arrival.
WHAT IS THE CHARGE FOR DELIVERY?
- Our Website will confirm our charge to deliver your products before you place your Order.
- If you decline the charge for this delivery service, you will not be able to place an Order.
- Applicable tax applying to delivery charges will depend on your country of residence and will apply in accordance with How to pay & VAT.
HOW TO PAY & VAT
- Payment is to be made in the currency selected by the user on site prior to checkout. International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate; if payment is made in a currency not issued as standard by the bank, they may add an additional processing or administration charge which the cardholder will be liable to pay.
- Our delivery charge will be itemized as ‘shipping’ on the Login, Order confirmation, Review and Complete pages of the Website and in emails from us, after the subtotal for the value of the goods purchased.
Applicable tax will depend on your country of residence
- All local purchases the VAT is inclusive of the purchase price sited on the website.
- All SADC and international purchases, the VAT is exclusive of the purchase price sited on the website and the user will be charged to pay the VAT in your destination country upon delivery of the goods.
- Products delivered to destinations outside SADC may be subject to taxes, fees, customs duty, levies or other charges as a result of local legislation or customs formalities. The recipient of your Order is responsible for all customs formalities for the import of the Products, and will be required to pay any additional charges for international delivery, including import duty, formal customs entry, taxes, levies and other charges that may be levied outside the SADC region. If you’re ordering Products to be delivered to someone else, please ensure they’re aware that they’ll be responsible for these additional charges.
- You (or the recipient of the Products if different) will be the importer for all international deliveries of the Products. Therefore, before placing an Order, it’s your responsibility to check that any Products ordered comply with country, state and/or federal government import regulations, and that there are no local requirements or restrictions which may affect receipt of your Order.
- You agree that we will act on your behalf as exporter of the Products and will complete export declarations in our own name on your behalf.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS AND DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We will be responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of us breaking this contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both us and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Products.
OUR RIGHTS TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time but any changes will not apply to any orders that we have accepted prior to the change being made.
- These Terms and Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to the Terms and Conditions governing existing contracts must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what we and you are expected to do.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. All complaints to be submitted to us via our email address in writing, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
OTHER CRITERIA FOR USE OF OUR SITE
- To register on our site, you must be at least the minimum age of 18 years old to provide your own consent in your country of residence.
- We reserve the right to withdraw your access to our site if we reasonably believe you are below the minimum age to provide your own consent in your country of residence.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at +264 (61) 30 6262 or email@example.com.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
OUR TRADE-MARKS ARE REGISTERED
"SHILONGO LEATHER WORKS" is a Namibian registered trade-mark with BIPA Namibia, our NAME and LOGO. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted above (How you may use material on our site).
VIRUSES ON OUR SITE
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the computer misuse law. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.